- I'm replacing the smaller 106B+. This charger is great and works as expected. Delivery from ProgressiveRC was very fast, even across the country!
My iCharger 206B arrived on the second day following shipment by USPS Priority Mail. It arrived in perfect condition. The product and shipping packaging is very good. I will be using the 206B to charge 1S and 2S LiPo cells for my mCPX and 130X. The charge menu and set-up options are extensive, but navigation through the menu is straightforward. The backlit display is clear and easy to read. The instructions (on CD) do a pretty good job of explaining the charger functions. Take the time to read these and you can easily do most all the things the charger is capable of doing. I had no problems charging single cells and up to 5 cells in parallel for my mCPX. I have charged single batteries and up to 4 in parallel in Balance Mode for my 130X batteries. The 206B worked perfectly every time.
So far, I have only run into two things that could be better. First, the voltage calibration is off in the range of 1S cells (3.7V). With a target charge termination setting of 4.2V, the batteries would measure about 4.12V after charging in Normal charge mode. When charging in Storage Mode (target 3.85V), the battery would measure 3.79V after charging was complete. The voltage calibration for 2S cells (7.4V) seems to be better, but also low. You can compensate for this error by increasing the charge termination voltage to a higher value than the 4.2V default. It would be nice if the 206B had the same voltage calibration feature as some of the other iChargers.
Second, the instructions are not very clear on the use of the charging program memories. There are 10 memories that seem to require a name or other identification. It is also not clear what charging / set-up parameters are stored vs. what you need to enter / adjust every time. Admittedly, I’m still learning how to use this feature.
ProgressiveRC Comments: Thanks for your detailed review and support. Please note that it is typical for battery voltage to drop after the charge process is complete. That is, we suspect the charger is bringing the cells to 4.20V, but after the charge is over it is normal (especially for older and smaller batteries) for the voltage to drop to 4.12V to 4.18V. In storage mode the cells are charged or discharged until one cell reaches 3.85V, and then the process is stopped. The charger does not reduce current to hold the cells at this voltage for long, since exact storage voltage is not critical, and the cells will naturally rebound to some voltage near storage. The idea is that we want to get the pack to a mid-level charge, as quickly as possible, without invoking any unnecessary additional wear, and the exact storage voltage is not critical. The 206B can be calibrated like all other iChargers, but it is in all likelihood not needed or recommended in this instance and we do not encourage setting charge termination values above 4.20V for lipo batteries.
When using memory locations ALL settings are saved including global settings and individual charge programs. Basically, a memory location will save all current configurations to that memory (which can be renamed) that can be recalled later by loading that memory preset.
- Great shipping and product. Exactly what I was looking for in a charger upgrade.
David was quite responsive and made sure I got my new charger when I needed it most. I use it with a 600 watt 24 volt supply and can charge in parallel with their 6 battery cables up to 20 amps.
It's a great product. Only issue is I'm not able to get the windows drivers working but I haven't called David yet to find a fix.
PRC Comment: Drivers are a PIA :). Best bet is to try a different computer, other than that it is a manual load of the driver through control panel -> system -> device manager. Then find the USB device and manually update driver. Ughh.
Dave again went over and above to provide excellent service!
for such a small unit it sure packs a punch. she can charge 6 three cell packs no problem or 2 big 6 cell packs quickly..
i eventually sold the 206B and got a 306B but i really miss having one of these little guys around... it would be great for a field charger since its nice and small and can still bust out a few packs in parallel at the field..
definitely a top notch little charger..
- I had no idea what kind of charger I should buy next and a friend of mine has one and recommended it to me. I wasn't sure if I would like all the programming I thought it was going to take, but bought it anyways. This charger is great, it allows you to mess with the programming all you want, but it recognizes your battery and does everything for you. Supper easy to use. I love it.
- Ipurchased this charger to charge do parallel charging with 3c lipos and it is amazing. Up until now i was using a cheap B6AC+ charger and the 206b leaves it in the dust! my LiPo's are nowperfectly balanced as opposed to 4.20 3.19 3.18 on each battery woith the other charger. i ordered this on a Thursday and i t arrived Saturday morning, with FREE shipping no less! amazing service! I will definitly order from this place again! i should have bought this charger to start with!
- This little charge is deceptively powerful and has completely changed the way I charge and has now made me a firm believer in parallel charging. The build quality of this charger is second to none and the guys at ProgressiveRC have been brilliant and I will definitely buy from them again.
- Best service around, great price, fast shipping, couldn't be happier! Oh yeah charger works great too with fast charges, accurate balances. I also ordered the very easy to use Parallel charging board and couldn't be happier. David @ Progressive is top notch!
iCharger 206B Submitted by Mark on 7/27/2012
iCharger 206B Submitted by Dana on 7/9/2012
icharger 206b Submitted by Jim on 6/30/2012
iCharger 206B Submitted by Gordon on 6/27/2012
Great service! Submitted by Daniel on 5/25/2012
loved this little charger Submitted by danny lightning on 5/15/2012
Great Charger! Submitted by Brad on 4/1/2012
Great Charger Submitted by Dave C on 3/31/2012
Great Charger Submitted by Jason Karsten on 3/23/2012
206B Submitted by David on 3/3/2012