- Great quality and fair price.
I just did a 10ga solder into a set of the bullets. They took pretinned wire easily, and I feel like I got a good solder flow after inserting the wire.
The cup where the wire goes is slightly longer than other bullets this size than I am used to, but from a connectivity viewpoint, that is good, as there is more contact area.
I particularly like the cutout, but not just for soldering. It makes inserting the bullets into the plastic housing a breeze. I just grabbed the connector with a pair of needle nose pliers with one edge resting in the cutout, placed the plastic housing on the edge of my bench andpressed down on the pliers. The bullets snapped into the housing perfectly. This was not nearly as easy to accomplish on another brand of plugs.
I liked the original model much better. There is another step now which never looks as good once completed.. I saw no reason to upgrade even though I understand there is more of a learning curve with the original model. Please switch back?
ProgressiveRC Comment: We offer both models of EC5, standard and EZ-solder. The purpose of the EZ-solder was to allow for larger gauge wire and easier assembly, the drawback is the metal bullet extends out the end and requires shrink wrap to "finish."
Excellent product! Very easy to solder
One question however - When the connector is inserted into the plastic housing, the connector extends beyond the plastic housing. If the connector is pushed back into the housing, then a portion of the connector extends out the top of the plastic housing. Did I receive the correct product? Is my technique incorrect??
ProgressiveRC Comment: Yes, please watch our product video. The connector should extend out of the back of the housing and will require heat shrink tubing to finish and cover the metal on the back of the connector where it meets the wire.
- The EC5 connector that is installed on the Battery has a female metal connector and the blue plastic housing is male. This leads to extreme confusion when ordering. I was thinking about the metal and ordered the female connectors. What I received was the blue plastic female connector with male metal contacts - opposite of what I needed for installing on batteries. Other brand EC5 have "BATT" and "DEV" molded in the blue plastic and identifying the connectors this way reduces the confusion. Looking at the picture would have eliminated the problem, but hindsight always works best.
- The service is EXCEPTIONAL...fast, thorough, I made my order during the evening and received email notification that my shipment went out the next day and received my order at my front door within 3 days. Now THAT's what I'm talking about. So I will definitely be ordering from you guys again. Lee G.
- Very pleased with the wire and EC-5 connectors. Quality is top notch. The merchandise arrived quickly and was well packed. I won't hesitate to purchase fro Progressive again. WELL DONE GUYS!
- Simple solder connections - positive "snap" on ends - excellent "how to" video - no need for shrink tube at wire/connector junction - much simpler than deans.
After soldering the wire to the male and female ends, then, you need to push them into the appropriate plastic ends.
After the ends are all inserted into the male and female plastic ends, a small porting to the ends still stuck out past the blue plastic.
I just thought that that was odd.
- Worked real well for some custom cable mods
connectors Submitted by Harley on 12/27/2014
EC5 Submitted by Ralph on 10/9/2014
New EC5 Submitted by Steve Gross on 10/9/2014
EC5 Submitted by Dave Kiesling on 10/9/2014
EC5 Male-Female confusion Submitted by Philip on 10/9/2014
Buyer Submitted by Lee G on 10/9/2014
Prc silicon wire and EC-5 connectors Submitted by Roger on 10/9/2014
Easy solder EC5 connectors Submitted by GARY on 10/9/2014
I was a little confused. Submitted by Mark Smith on 10/9/2014
EZ-Solder EC5 Connectors Submitted by Gustav on 8/21/2014