- Great product, great price
- Very good product and very fast shipping
- Best EC5 Connectors...One thing I Hate Is a connector, that once together you struggle to take it apart. These connect and disconnect great.....
- The connectors that I got from Progressive were first quality. I've become quite adept at assembling different cords and connections with these. Support from PRC is second to none.
I found it difficult to push the soldered connectors far enough into the rear of the plastic housing to lock them in place but it does make a tight fit that won't come loose.
ProgressiveRC Comment: EC5s can be a pain to solder, we prefer a quick tap with a small hammer and punch to set them in rather than pushing (hard) :). We are also releasing an easier to assemble and solder version this week that may help you and others out. Happy charging!
- I prefer to use the PRC6 connectors on my 500's & larger helis for the ESC & flight packs. But I like to use an EC5 connector on Y & series plugs for 6s to 12s so I make sure to plug things in the correct places and avoid mix ups. Thanks PRC!
- Fast shipping to PR, nicer connector I ever bought
- These are top quality EC5 connecters. I will ordering more of these next time I need EC5s.
Not a fan of the device bullets - I am concerned that they will weaken over time
PRC Comment: We use a specially designed bullet, unlike conventional banana plugs, that has shown dramatically increased cycle life and serviceability over other connector styles. Agreed, they're not perfect, but we believe they are the best option available in conventional bullet designs and they have proven reliable in typical hobby applications.
Prog RC is great company. I love EC5 size etc but installing barrels from front is not the best approach. And electrical grease is mandatory unless you want arthritus. Searching for alternative to EC5 due to assembly hassles.
PRC Comment: All of our connectors assemble from the back of the housing. For EC5s, the wire should be soldered to the bullet and then snapped in the housing from the back. The gold bullet has a taper section to make this easier, trying it the other way (pulling bullet in from from front of housing) will only lead to frustration and profanity :).
ec5 Submitted by Alan on 11/20/2013
nice Submitted by manuel on 8/31/2013
BearMetal Submitted by Timothy A. on 7/16/2013
EC-5 Connectors Submitted by Steve on 6/16/2013
Tight connectors Submitted by Jon on 6/3/2013
Good Deal Submitted by Ryan on 5/28/2013
EC5 Connector Submitted by manuel on 5/13/2013
Quality Submitted by Rick on 2/17/2013
EC5 connectors Submitted by Jason on 1/31/2013
EC5 Submitted by MadMan on 12/16/2012
Items 1 to 10 of 17 total