- Great service on a pack that went bad
Great power, lower weight and overall height. Best lipos i have owned yet. The staff at progressive are great. They walked me thru parallel charging and made my flying more enjoyable.
- I now have 20 flights on each of 2 of these on my X5. Today I wanted to test how many minutes I got until the ESC hit LVC--I landed after 12 minutes, and it was still going strong (21.4 volts under full load). The IR is between 0-3 on each cell. Wow.
- I bought two of these for my X5. They are great--arrived quickly; IR on each cell is 0-3. And, I'm sure I'll get a lot of flying time out of them after I break them in for a few flights. They fit into the X5 perfectly.
- I have 3 of these batteries. I've had great luck with them. Also bought a combo charging set-up. David is great to work with. Always great customer service!
Well after 3 cycles the battery puffed and the cell count went bad . After sending emails with no answers I called and talked to Dave I really got treated like valued customer he said it was human error that I discharged the pack to low
And I know I didn't . We all know how stable lipos are and there's no way it could be a bad pack !
So if you think there going to stand behind their packs they won't !
It's a good thing I haven't spent 700 to 800 of my hard earned hobby dollars with them
PRC Comment: We responded to four emails from the customer requesting additional information. It was determined that the cell voltages on a pack that was used in series with a second pack were between 0V and 3.79V, with a couple of cells at 1.70V and 2.20V. The second pack used in series was at much higher voltage, indicating only one pack had been charged prior to using the two packs in series. Voltage difference between the series packs was huge, indicating a difference in initial state of charge and ultimately leading to the severe over discharge of one pack. We are all humans and make mistakes, we've seen this one a dozen times before and even done it once or twice ourselves.
We stand behind our products, but do not condone product abuse or tolerate misrepresentation of facts.
- customer service awsome as always,battery hold a better charge that those blue ones. will start replacing them with the spyders
- Progressive RC has got it right! Solid products for the e-flyer, very competative pricing, customer service that sets the standard, and expedited shipping to get it in your hands quickly! I recently ordered & received the iCharger 208B, and a Spyder 6S 5.3A battery for my TRex 600 ... I couldn't be happier! The iCharger is intuitive, intelligent & flexible with an extremely small footprint. The Spyder battery (a new brand for me) is conservatively (read HONESTLY) rated, and was received perfectly balanced at the proper storage voltage (the exception to the rule in my experience). The TRex loves it, and so do I! My only regret is that I didn't discover Progressive RC sooner, but I have to thank the many rc forums that have reported so many postive buying experiences with PRC. Dave at PRC is a pleasure to deal with, and is honestly dedicated to providing high quality products at surpringly discounted prices. Wrap up this product value with a customer service model that is truly rare to find, and you won't be disappointed. Face it, there are lots of places to order "stuff" from. It seems that most suppliers sacrifice customer service to fund deeply discounted pricing ... PRC is the exception to this rule. All I can say is, Thank You PRC.
I have bought three of these batteries and they have a great amount of poweer. I have two voltz batteries that puffed up after the first 12 flights. I paid 150 dollars each for the voltz batteries and they are terrible.
They spyder batteries have several flights on them and there is no swelling or anything. I highly reccomend buying these batteries for your flying pleasure.
- I am flying this in my Trex 550. The size to weight ratio is perfect and preforms as well or better than my more expensive battery. Plan on buying another soon.
Batteries Submitted by jeff on 8/12/13
Spyder 6s 5300 Submitted by Richard on 8/12/13
Amazing! Submitted by Gordon Mayer on 4/3/13
Excellent for Gaui X5 Submitted by Gordon on 3/29/13
Great battery Submitted by STEPHEN A on 9/25/12
Not so great Submitted by Tim on 6/4/12
spyder battery Submitted by thomas on 3/12/12
Fantastic Battery Submitted by Mitch on 12/8/11
Mr. David Humphreys Submitted by David Humphreys on 11/29/11
Great battery Submitted by Jason on 10/20/11
Items 1 to 10 of 12 total