- My order was shipped the same day I placed it and it was at my door within 2 days. They also contacted me after to make sure everything was ok. Great service made in the U.S.A.
LOADS of power! Very good for parallel charging!
And customer phone support here is awesome!
- My initial review posted on 5/23/11 says it all. I just bought another PL8 from David. This is the best charger out there. Great quality, value, ease of use, and great service from both Progressive and FMA.
i've had several chargers and was on the look for the last charger I would buy for a LONG time. It was this or the icharger and after 2 weeks of reading and research I went with this. The power output of this thing sold me over the icharger as i'm looking to charge multiple 6 cells quickly for my 600 heli.
after hooking it up (using 24v 1450watt supply) I first did a discharge of 2 3300 6s packs, at 40a discharge this didnt take long
I then set them to charge in parallel at 25amp (12.5a each) 16minutes and done with both packs. Very impressive.
Cant wait to do all 6 at once.
i'm selling off all my other chargers.
This is a do all charger, that you cant go wrong with
After owning several chargers over the last 8 years I was very apprehensive to buy another "new charger". When this charger came out I was very skeptical and thought for sure there was going to be a catch....the catch was in fact that the longer you wait to make this purchase the longer you will wonder what all the BUZZ is about. I tend to over-analyze things and after over-analyzing this charger for a while I decided I would give it a try. I plunked down my hard earned cash and after about 30 minutes of setup (soldering and arranging into my charge case), this thing was ready to go. After the first set of batteries being charged I was hooked. THIS THING ROCKS... I was going to purchase a second smaller charger to handle my receiver batteries, tail rotor motor batteries, camera gimbal batteries, etc....but after having this thing in my hands.........I plan on purchasing a second PL8 to take over those duties... BUY WITH CONFIDENCE... This is by far the best there is and worth every penny....
- Very versatile unit. Can be custom programmed for individual needs. Programming is easy to understand and do. Display offers many options allowing user to quickly see status of charge/discharge. Very satisfied with this charger/
- This charger can either be "plug and play" or with the free software and optional cable it can be very customizable. Great charger for parallel charging. Very, very happy with the purchase. Thanks PRC.
- This was my second charger purchase and by far the best, very easy to operate either from the charger of from a computer. Power in spades, I'm a happy camper..
- I own the iCharger 208B and 3010B in addition to the PL8 and can say that without a doubt the PL8 is the best of the bunch. It is the highest powered RC charger available and also the most user customizable, but all those extra features and tweaks can be hidden away if desired for fast and easy charging. Additionally the design and build quality of the PL8 is superb and you can get great assistance from David or the FMA support team in Maryland via the phone or popular RC forums like RCGroups.
- I started with this charger on the Electric Helicopters and it is the best think I have do. Batteries are charged faster and are kept in top shape. I have my batteries full and this keeps me flying more time than my buddies. Also service from Progressive is Excellent.
Fast Shipping Submitted by Wilfred on 4/27/2012
PL8 v 2 rocks! Submitted by Gordijn on 4/27/2012
Still the best charger! Submitted by Julio on 4/8/2012
Last Charger ever needed Submitted by Colen Casey on 2/25/2012
POWERLAB 8........still the pinnacle of chargers Submitted by Jason on 10/22/2011
First Class Charger Submitted by Dawson on 9/23/2011
Fantastic charger. Easy to use Submitted by Badhelipilot on 7/26/2011
Great Product & Support Submitted by pgk on 7/19/2011
The best there is Submitted by Steve on 6/1/2011
Excellent Price vs Product Submitted by LECz3 on 5/27/2011