- Great product, easy to use, intuitive menu.
- Almost anything you can throw at it, it will charge. Although I couldn't charge a three cell transmitter pack w/ built in balencer. I'm now charging batteries anywhere from nine to twelve minutes! WOW!
- I find most chargers don't give me enough information about the most important component in my model. If you want to know exactly how your battery is taking a charge or the internal resistance of your pack's cells, this is the charger for you. Expensive? Nonsense, the first model you lose to a bad battery will cost more.
- My order was shipped the same day I placed it and it was at my door within 2 days. They also contacted me after to make sure everything was ok. Great service made in the U.S.A.
LOADS of power! Very good for parallel charging!
And customer phone support here is awesome!
- My initial review posted on 5/23/11 says it all. I just bought another PL8 from David. This is the best charger out there. Great quality, value, ease of use, and great service from both Progressive and FMA.
i've had several chargers and was on the look for the last charger I would buy for a LONG time. It was this or the icharger and after 2 weeks of reading and research I went with this. The power output of this thing sold me over the icharger as i'm looking to charge multiple 6 cells quickly for my 600 heli.
after hooking it up (using 24v 1450watt supply) I first did a discharge of 2 3300 6s packs, at 40a discharge this didnt take long
I then set them to charge in parallel at 25amp (12.5a each) 16minutes and done with both packs. Very impressive.
Cant wait to do all 6 at once.
i'm selling off all my other chargers.
This is a do all charger, that you cant go wrong with
After owning several chargers over the last 8 years I was very apprehensive to buy another "new charger". When this charger came out I was very skeptical and thought for sure there was going to be a catch....the catch was in fact that the longer you wait to make this purchase the longer you will wonder what all the BUZZ is about. I tend to over-analyze things and after over-analyzing this charger for a while I decided I would give it a try. I plunked down my hard earned cash and after about 30 minutes of setup (soldering and arranging into my charge case), this thing was ready to go. After the first set of batteries being charged I was hooked. THIS THING ROCKS... I was going to purchase a second smaller charger to handle my receiver batteries, tail rotor motor batteries, camera gimbal batteries, etc....but after having this thing in my hands.........I plan on purchasing a second PL8 to take over those duties... BUY WITH CONFIDENCE... This is by far the best there is and worth every penny....
- Very versatile unit. Can be custom programmed for individual needs. Programming is easy to understand and do. Display offers many options allowing user to quickly see status of charge/discharge. Very satisfied with this charger/
- This charger can either be "plug and play" or with the free software and optional cable it can be very customizable. Great charger for parallel charging. Very, very happy with the purchase. Thanks PRC.
FMA PowerLab 8 v2 Submitted by Anthony on 6/24/2012
Bad a$$ charger! Submitted by Ronnie L. on 5/27/2012
The Charger For Those Who Want To Know Submitted by Howard on 5/19/2012
Fast Shipping Submitted by Wilfred on 4/27/2012
PL8 v 2 rocks! Submitted by Gordijn on 4/27/2012
Still the best charger! Submitted by Julio on 4/8/2012
Last Charger ever needed Submitted by Colen Casey on 2/25/2012
POWERLAB 8........still the pinnacle of chargers Submitted by Jason on 10/22/2011
First Class Charger Submitted by Dawson on 9/23/2011
Fantastic charger. Easy to use Submitted by Badhelipilot on 7/26/2011