- The parallel charge boards from Progressive work great! After using them for a couple weekends of flying, I will not go back to charging without them. On mine, the EC5 connector is actually just a tiny bit looser than the standard EC5's that I use on my heli, so the charge lead plugs and unplugs very easily! I don't know if this is by design, or just luck, but it is a nice feature. I hear this question alot, too... so in case you are wondering: It does NOT matter which connectors you use on the board... they are all connected in parallel, so you can use whichever ones are the easiest to plug into =) EG: The top right EC5 connector, and the bottom-left balance connector. Does not matter. Enjoy!!
- Works fine and seems to be of very good quality. My only problem with it is that it is very fiddly when loading the board up with 6 5000mah packs. Helps if you have small fingers as there is not a lot of room to get all the power and balance leads all plugged in. Squids are easier to deal with in that respect but not as tidy.
- Just awesome, great product, great service.
- These work great for charging mutiple packs. I charge 6 4s 5000 with my Powerlab 6 no problem. I have bought 4 parallel boards here. If you have questions they get back to quickly and shipping is also very fast. Great products!!
- Great product and super fast shipping.
- These are rock solid. Eliminates the clutter from multiple parallel wires. I use these in the PRC case and with two iChargers. Great setup. Everyone at the flying field comments on the compact and efficient setup.
- Having converted to EC5 from Deans (I know.. what took me so long?). There is definitely less arcing I gotta deal with. Having been already electrocuted with deans plugs, it was the last straw and it was time to go with EC5s. This parallel charger coupled with my FMA Powerlab 8 is one unbeatable combination. I can charge four 6s 5000 mah Lipos in about an hour. I now wonder if I should get that 11000 mah 6s lipo and really run the Powerlab through it's paces..
- Great product, as stated above having the leads a few inches longer would even make it better
i bought this plug and connected 2 six cell packs to it and less than 30 seconds in the thing started smoking and nearly ruined 500 dollars in batteries. after further investigation it looks as though a bad solder joint or over solder spill shorted the connector.
i checked continuity between positive and negative and sure enough it has meaning that it shorted my battery upon connection causing the board to melt.
although it seems to be of good build quality this one slipped by with poor quality control and very sloppy solder joint on input side
ProgressiveRC Comment: We perform a very thorough QC of all products during assembly and prior to shipping which should catch certainly catch an error of this nature. The vast majority of parallel charge board errors occur due to a balance connector inserted one pin over from the intended location. The second most common cause of problems is connection of packs with very disparate voltages. In the event of a short on 6S the first pack connection would result in some instantaneous smoke and vaporization of the 30A copper trace. If the packs were far different voltages the event would take a few more seconds more as described above. We are happy to troubleshoot and replace as required products in these situations, but we have not been contacted regarding this issue.
- I received this from Dave a few weeks ago and can say that this product simply works. I charged 6, 6S 3800mah 25C Gens Ace packs on this board with no problems. Great product!
Parallel Charging Board Submitted by Cris on 6/17/13
Parallel Charging Board Submitted by Blair on 6/4/13
great Submitted by chris on 5/24/13
EC5 Parallel Charge Board Submitted by Shad on 5/7/13
Great product Submitted by Steve on 4/26/13
Parallel Charge Board - the way to go Submitted by James on 1/20/13
Excellent parallel board for EC5 Submitted by Godfrey on 10/21/12
. Submitted by Troy on 7/11/12
my board failed first connection Submitted by joe on 4/5/12
Great Product Submitted by Steven on 3/5/12
Items 1 to 10 of 18 total