- Having converted to EC5 from Deans (I know.. what took me so long?). There is definitely less arcing I gotta deal with. Having been already electrocuted with deans plugs, it was the last straw and it was time to go with EC5s. This parallel charger coupled with my FMA Powerlab 8 is one unbeatable combination. I can charge four 6s 5000 mah Lipos in about an hour. I now wonder if I should get that 11000 mah 6s lipo and really run the Powerlab through it's paces..
- Great product, as stated above having the leads a few inches longer would even make it better
i bought this plug and connected 2 six cell packs to it and less than 30 seconds in the thing started smoking and nearly ruined 500 dollars in batteries. after further investigation it looks as though a bad solder joint or over solder spill shorted the connector.
i checked continuity between positive and negative and sure enough it has meaning that it shorted my battery upon connection causing the board to melt.
although it seems to be of good build quality this one slipped by with poor quality control and very sloppy solder joint on input side
ProgressiveRC Comment: We perform a very thorough QC of all products during assembly and prior to shipping which should catch certainly catch an error of this nature. The vast majority of parallel charge board errors occur due to a balance connector inserted one pin over from the intended location. The second most common cause of problems is connection of packs with very disparate voltages. In the event of a short on 6S the first pack connection would result in some instantaneous smoke and vaporization of the 30A copper trace. If the packs were far different voltages the event would take a few more seconds more as described above. We are happy to troubleshoot and replace as required products in these situations, but we have not been contacted regarding this issue.
- I received this from Dave a few weeks ago and can say that this product simply works. I charged 6, 6S 3800mah 25C Gens Ace packs on this board with no problems. Great product!
- Great board. Good deal
And great people to stand behind the product
- GOOD ..... Very nice .
- The board is high quality and makes charging in parallel super easy. If your balance leads are short you may want to pick up some balance lead extensions.
All my questions were answered promptly which made it easy to buy from Progressive RC! I have no doubts if I had concerns in the future I would be treated as a valued customer.
- Everything works as advertised.
Excellent parallel board for EC5 Submitted by Godfrey on 10/21/2012
. Submitted by Troy on 7/10/2012
my board failed first connection Submitted by joe on 4/5/2012
Great Product Submitted by Steven on 3/4/2012
Parallel charging is the best Submitted by Ryan on 2/11/2012
Awesome!!!!! Submitted by Kevin on 1/30/2012
P350 Power Supply Submitted by Radames Rodriguez on 1/25/2012
Absolutely essential! Submitted by Brian Redmon on 10/5/2011
Top quality service. Submitted by Stewart on 10/1/2011
Excellent Submitted by Don on 9/27/2011