- As the review title says, these packs have punch! Compared to stock Eflite packs, well... there is no comparison. Headspeed is much higher, and the mCP X feels much more powerful. The tail also holds better, and longer into the flight. The only downside is they are a tight fit in the stock tray until you've used them a few times. No biggie.
On first look they seem way too wide to fit the battery tray. Remove the landing gear so it's easier to work with, and install/remove the battery 5-10 times and it will start to fit much better, and be easy to do with the landing gear still installed on the mCPX.
The most noticeable improvement is with tail holding. With the OEM batteries in my v2, the tail would swing out at least 30° on pitch pumps, sometimes not even returning to position. With the Spyder batteries, the tail always returns to position, and only swings about 15°.
Also, I can increase flight times from 4:30 on the stock 200mAh cell, to 5:30-6:00 with the Spyder (using 80% capacity, hovering/FFF but no 3d).
One suggestion: put a small piece of shrink tubing over the battery connector where with lead comes out. It's already hard to grasp when separating, and easy to yank a wire. The shrink tubing is cheap, light insurance. You can also sand down the two little nubs that lock the connector in place to make it easier to remove.
Two thumbs up on the ultra fast shipping, I had them in 2 days (in KY).
- I bought 3 of these and they are soo much better than stock batteries. I bought the parrallel charge lead and charge them at 2c. The tail holds better with the extra power. I will have to buy more.
- I use these on my MCPX and my little ultra micro T-28 for indoor flying. I charge 6 at a time with parallel charging cable from Progressive.
- Very high quality battery, but I can't compare to other brands, I do know that there is more than sufficient power to throw the mcpx around. Only thing is they are a muther to get into the battery holder. A definite must buy. Thanks again PRC
- I have flown hyp/nano/TP/stock and there is no comparison you feel the power from the start to finish. It is great that they fit in the stock holder with the plug already soldered for you. The price is great to compared to those $12 stock batts or TP. I'm in IN and get my orders in 3-4 days great service all around!
- They just work, Way better then eflights!!!
- Dont really know what to say. There are no complaints. It just works. Simple
I have never used Hyps as yet, only 300 Nano's and the 200 E-flites, and have only been flying my Mcpx since mid-july, now 2 Bl and 1 stock, but even with my limited experience, I could feel the punch and lightness of these Batts and just received 7 more.
Excellent service and communication by PRC!
I have used Nanoteh and Hyperion and there is no comparison to the power I receive from these batteries throughout the entire flight.
Best part is that these batteries fit in the stock tray and have the stock connector on them. They are a bit snug in the tray and can be difficult to insert the first few times, but they do not slide around during piro flips and did I mention the power?
Thanks for the great product and fast shipping, David!
These batteries have punch! Submitted by Chris on 1/17/12
Great Value!!! Submitted by Andy on 1/4/12
great upgrade! Submitted by Elijah Woodward on 12/21/11
Spyder batteries Submitted by Angelo on 12/18/11
Great Batts Submitted by Murphy on 12/13/11
Awesome Power from the first pitch pump to the last Submitted by Ryan Ricci on 10/21/11
batteries Submitted by Dan on 10/8/11
Batteries Submitted by Dan on 10/8/11
Spyder Batts Submitted by Matt Stocker on 10/7/11
Best mCPX Battery Available Submitted by Jason C on 9/16/11
Items 11 to 20 of 20 total