- Spyder batteries for the mCPx work better than the stock battery that comes with the helicopter. As others have said, they are a tight fit, but found no problem just bending in the edges slightly and they will slide right in. Been using these batteries for over a year and haven't had any problems out of them. The price is great too.
- It's a good battery, fast shipping. The only issue I have with it is the width and the mah. It's a little snug to fit into the tray. The mah duration is very similar to stock. Because its a new battery it has very nice punch, however, it's still undergoing my personal testing. I'm tempted to buy more and wire them to have more mah. Looks like two may fit in the same tray, they're thin but wide.
- Very reasonable price. Seem to supply power at a more stable rate.
- Works great, thought the McpX was shot, but just needed better batteries.
eflight should package these with the mcpx.
The tail holds so much better with the spider lipo's
I don't even bother forcing them in to the battery tray I just slip them in between the canopy and frame and throw a little scotch tape on them for a little extra hold.
I’ll be picking up some for my 450 and 550.
Out of curiosity---and the fact that I like the Spyder 450 batteries--I bought two.
No doubt these are also good quality batteries but the usability with the mCPX is poor: (1) very difficult to get the battery in and out the battery holder, (2) very difficult to connect and disconnect. In the future, in stick with more conventionally configured batteries like the Hyperion.
Did the shrink tube trick and much easier to pull apart the battery connector. 3 flights so far and it is performing well. Still breaking them in, but no complants so far. Fast service.
- Excellent value for the price. Will definitely do the mod to add the shrink tubing to the leads. They can get a little hard to unplug from the heli.
good service and very quick delivery. I"ll be order more
The battery itself is a fine enough cell. The main issue I have is twofold. First, it's a very tight fit in the MCP x, not the drop-in replacement you are led to believe it is. Second, it does not use the hard plastic endcap battery connector but instead some thin fragile wires leads attached to the battery. This would be fine if it was not so tightly fitting that I sometime wonder if I will be able to get the plugs apart. I'm guessing this can be fixed with a little dremeling on the outside of the battery plug itself to make it less of a tight fit. In anycase, it's a bit of a hassle to use these cells.
Great Batteries Submitted by Kenneth on 11/1/13
Spyder battery mcpx Submitted by Eagle cry on 8/11/13
SpyderBatteries 1S 250mAh 20C for Blade mCP X Submitted by Ronald on 7/19/12
McpX Submitted by James on 5/4/12
They make the MCPX Shine Submitted by Oliver on 4/29/12
Will not buy more Submitted by Len McWilliams on 4/26/12
Nice battery Submitted by Micharl on 4/2/12
The price is right Submitted by Pete on 1/30/12
MCPX Submitted by Piter on 1/25/12
Ok batteries Submitted by rpstar on 1/23/12