I received my order of iCharger and 350 watt power supply very quickly. Dave made the ordering process painless and pleasant and gave good advice. Progressive's reputation for good customer service is well earned. I had a follow up question after getting my charger that was answered quickly and thoroughly.
My only complaint is that my combo arrived with absolutely no printed documentation - not even a "quick start" guide explaining that the manual is on an included disk (but one of those now pretty much obsolete mini disks that can't play in currently popular slot loading disk drives).
After talking with Dave, he directed me to their website where I could download a manual for the iCharger. That manual appears to be a not wonderful translation from the original non-English version. It leaves a lot to be desired to a newbie.
I still highly recommend ProgressiveRC. Dave is great to deal with on the phone. But the customer experience would be very much enhanced with a simple "charging basics & getting started" printed manual that would be in the box with an order.
Forget those 5 amp chargers for charging one or more lipo's at high current. This is the combo you need. Also the correct way to charge multiple lipo's is in series not parallel, so the charger can "see" all the cells. I charge 2 6000 MAH 2s lipo's in series at a full 20 amps. Works great!
ProgressiveRC Comment: We generally recommend charging packs in parallel rather than in series, for simplicity and suitability over a wider range of conditions. We generally only advise charging in series for identical packs, purchased together, that are used in series. Happy flying :)!
- A complete system delivered in two days all the way across the country (Washington to Florida). Its a good as it gets
Product was priced in a bundle so I saved $$!! Always a plus.
Product works as described and shipped fast!
The only issue was the FREE balance board I received has 1 port that was damaged in shipping or before being sent to me. Not a huge issue.
Quick shippment to France and very quality material and custumer service
Thanks a lot
I looked at all the combo packs, and I really wanted the 208b with the 350W PS...I would of bought them seperatly, but the sales people were great and made up the combo I wanted....Shipping to eastern Canada was 1 week, and I was able to track the USPS tracking number right to my door.
Power supply is VERY quiet and of course the quality of the iCharger is IMHO The Very Best.
Thanks Again ProgressiveRC
- In my earlier review I had problems with the prc350 power supply. Progessive was responsive and professional with the issue. They replaced the unit and all is well. I can't say enough about the 206B charger. This weekend I thought I killed a battery, I ran the cells down to 2.5 volts per cell my other chargers wouldn't even attempt to charge the battery. The ICharger brought it back I couldn't believe it. I've tested the battery pulling full amps with normal recovery and all is well so far. The ICharger is the way to go.
- I purchased "The Ticket" 350W combo to replace my old AC680 charger. I wanted to be able to charge my larger batteries at more than 1.5C. I received my new charger within three days of ordering it and it is outstanding! It's great having a higher wattage charging system with all the charging options I could ever need. David and Robin were awesome with answering all my questions and their customer service is second to none. I would highly recommend Progressive RC to anyone who is looking for quality charging solutions.
- In all of the online shopping I do I have yet to find the quality of parts, service and Live support that I have received from ProgressivRC. Their website is easy to navigate and very informative. My only complaint is when I place an order There is always a ProgressiveRC sticker in the box. The stickers need to be larger. I have a sticker on each of the planes I have.
- I'm new to RC helicopters and there has been a steep learning curve in every area, including areas I expected to be easy such as charging batteries. The manual to use the charger is quite complicated for a newbie like myself but after a 2minute conversation with Dave I felt like a pro using the charger and I love all the features of the icharger. The power supply on the other hand looks great but in less than a weeks time and only a few uses the switch will not turn the power supply off. This isn't a big deal, I can simply pull the plug out of the wall but it does make me question the quality of the product and I hope I won't run into anymore problems with it.
Great Service but Need Better Documentation Submitted by Thomas on 4/21/12
Great Charger Submitted by CJ on 4/16/12
the ticket Submitted by Russell on 3/30/12
iCharger and PSU Submitted by Travis on 3/12/12
Icharger 206B with 350w PS Submitted by Guillaume on 3/8/12
350W Combo...Almost... Submitted by Stephen Sweeney on 3/5/12
Battery saver Submitted by Colby on 2/28/12
A great set-up! Submitted by Craig C. on 2/21/12
Sales & Support Submitted by Ben on 2/19/12
Great Charger/Iffy Power Supply Submitted by Bill on 2/18/12