- I don't know why other people haven't thought of this yet. ProgressiveRC makes it so easy. I'm just getting into the hobby and was very confused about the whole LiPo charging thing. After reading reviews of several products I discovered that you need a power supply to charge in your house. This isn't obvious from most products and I almost ended up finding out the hard way by ordering an expensive DC charger than being SOL. I just charged my first two packs the other night and I am happy to report I have everything I need. Oh and super fast shipping!
- this is a great combination to get familiar with parallel charging. The iCharger is very capable and informative.
I received my order of iCharger and 350 watt power supply very quickly. Dave made the ordering process painless and pleasant and gave good advice. Progressive's reputation for good customer service is well earned. I had a follow up question after getting my charger that was answered quickly and thoroughly.
My only complaint is that my combo arrived with absolutely no printed documentation - not even a "quick start" guide explaining that the manual is on an included disk (but one of those now pretty much obsolete mini disks that can't play in currently popular slot loading disk drives).
After talking with Dave, he directed me to their website where I could download a manual for the iCharger. That manual appears to be a not wonderful translation from the original non-English version. It leaves a lot to be desired to a newbie.
I still highly recommend ProgressiveRC. Dave is great to deal with on the phone. But the customer experience would be very much enhanced with a simple "charging basics & getting started" printed manual that would be in the box with an order.
Forget those 5 amp chargers for charging one or more lipo's at high current. This is the combo you need. Also the correct way to charge multiple lipo's is in series not parallel, so the charger can "see" all the cells. I charge 2 6000 MAH 2s lipo's in series at a full 20 amps. Works great!
ProgressiveRC Comment: We generally recommend charging packs in parallel rather than in series, for simplicity and suitability over a wider range of conditions. We generally only advise charging in series for identical packs, purchased together, that are used in series. Happy flying :)!
- A complete system delivered in two days all the way across the country (Washington to Florida). Its a good as it gets
Product was priced in a bundle so I saved $$!! Always a plus.
Product works as described and shipped fast!
The only issue was the FREE balance board I received has 1 port that was damaged in shipping or before being sent to me. Not a huge issue.
Quick shippment to France and very quality material and custumer service
Thanks a lot
I looked at all the combo packs, and I really wanted the 208b with the 350W PS...I would of bought them seperatly, but the sales people were great and made up the combo I wanted....Shipping to eastern Canada was 1 week, and I was able to track the USPS tracking number right to my door.
Power supply is VERY quiet and of course the quality of the iCharger is IMHO The Very Best.
Thanks Again ProgressiveRC
- In my earlier review I had problems with the prc350 power supply. Progessive was responsive and professional with the issue. They replaced the unit and all is well. I can't say enough about the 206B charger. This weekend I thought I killed a battery, I ran the cells down to 2.5 volts per cell my other chargers wouldn't even attempt to charge the battery. The ICharger brought it back I couldn't believe it. I've tested the battery pulling full amps with normal recovery and all is well so far. The ICharger is the way to go.
- I purchased "The Ticket" 350W combo to replace my old AC680 charger. I wanted to be able to charge my larger batteries at more than 1.5C. I received my new charger within three days of ordering it and it is outstanding! It's great having a higher wattage charging system with all the charging options I could ever need. David and Robin were awesome with answering all my questions and their customer service is second to none. I would highly recommend Progressive RC to anyone who is looking for quality charging solutions.
Clarity in a web of confusion Submitted by Rob on 4/26/2012
the ticket Submitted by Justin on 4/25/2012
Great Service but Need Better Documentation Submitted by Thomas on 4/21/2012
Great Charger Submitted by CJ on 4/16/2012
the ticket Submitted by Russell on 3/30/2012
iCharger and PSU Submitted by Travis on 3/12/2012
Icharger 206B with 350w PS Submitted by Guillaume on 3/8/2012
350W Combo...Almost... Submitted by Stephen Sweeney on 3/5/2012
Battery saver Submitted by Colby on 2/28/2012
A great set-up! Submitted by Craig C. on 2/21/2012