- I recently got back into the hobby and I wanted to start with a charger that would last a long time. One of the 2 PowerLabs seemed like the obvious choice and I am very happy I went with the PL6 in the end. It does everything I need it to do and much more. I use it at home with a 24V DC power supply to charge my Optima Deep Cycle, and then I use the Optima to power the PL6 for charging at the field. It's a great setup and I don't need to have tons of batteries for each plane as a result. So far I have used it to charge LiPo, NiMH and NiCD, all with excellent results. The computer interface to the charger is very nice and I'm still getting up to speed on everything this system can do. No regrets on this purchase.
- Bought the PL6 to update my charger as I have moved into 10S/12S setups...needed more power. Driving it with a dual (2x12V) HP Server PSU on 24V/32A...very happy! Progressive is a very good company and has always shipped fast and correct...simply super service! I will now celebrate with eating the "PRC" candy I received... :)
- I have only been in the hobby for about 3 months and decided to get myself a good charger before I get my 450 size heli. I am one that believes in buying right the first time around, not trying to go the cheap route. So I was tossing up between the ICharger 306B and PowerLab6. The added features of the PL6 made my decision for me, and boy am I happy...... actually..... I am in love with this charger!!! The PC software capabilities, programming of user presets, ease of use make this charger the best investment you could ever make in the hobby. I will never need another charger again!
- I was torn between the PL-6 & the 306b for a long time. The vast array of features and options on the pl-6 swayed me. I have used the 306b before and I love the pl6 so much more. This charger is so much more accurate and the programmable presets will spoil you. Keep up he great work Progressive!!! I will definitely buy here again and recommend you to all my friends.
- Having just come back to R/C, I was a little nervous about LiPo tech and wanted a very good charger to minimize the risk involved. The PL6 has gone a long way to alleviate my concerns, due to its comprehensive checks performed on a connected battery. This makes it hard to make a dumb move and set the wrong cell count etc. It's not a cheap charger but this is something you really don't want to skimp on.
- After allot of research and painful decision making, I chose the PL6 over the iCharger 306b. I'm very happy with my decision. The software interface is what ultimately sold me. I like being able to setup presets on my computer vs, a 4 button interface and 1 line LCD. Also, when in the field I like that its parallel aware and I can use quick presets with a few simple questions. My only negative issue is that Revolectrix allowed HobbyKing to resell a copy of the PL8. I know its not the same software but it puts a bad taste in my mouth.
This charger is outstanding! Lot's of features and options to take on any battery needs! This is my fourth charger, wish I would have got this one first!
And you "cant" beat Proggesive RC's service and support!!!
- Awesome product. Super service from progresive.
- WOW, lots of options in this charger. It took me some time to wrap my brain around the options but once I figured out how to set the options, charging was a breeze. I need to parallel charge and this charger will do it no problem.I can now charge 2 packs in the time it was taking to charge 1.
- Great charger! Best I have ever owned.
Excellent choice Submitted by Michael on 11/19/12
Happy overseas customer! Submitted by Stefan on 11/18/12
WOW..... Submitted by Dogga on 10/21/12
Awesome charger & greater service! Submitted by Michael on 10/20/12
Good Product, Good Service Submitted by Michael on 10/8/12
Great Charger Submitted by Mark on 8/27/12
Excellent Charger! Submitted by Doug on 8/3/12
Five stars Submitted by Matt on 7/17/12
Powerlab 6 Submitted by Gary on 5/15/12
FMA PowerLab 6 Submitted by Stuart on 5/6/12