I ve bought this charger with Fma usb cable on 2th of January 2013.
2-3 weeks later i ve received the order but the fma cable was not in the package.ProRC told me when i asked them about that ''When we shipped your order we were out of stock of the USB adapter, but we wanted you to get your charger as soon as possible. We have since sent out your USB adapter, it was shipped to you on the 10th. Hopefully you will receive it soon.'' Of course When i ve placed my order the fma cable WAS in stock(according to the site).
For history i haven't received the usb cable yet.6 weeks passed since 10th of January and 8 since my original purchase.The product is great but the service of ProgreesiveRC terrible.
ProgressiveRC Comment: We apologize that the out of stock notice was not clear or was overlooked. We have shipped all of your order including backordered items at our additional cost. Delivery time is still within a normal window, and we apologize for any slight delay caused in transit by the shipping courier. It sounds like you're taking this out on the wrong guys, we've done our best here - best wishes and good luck! Please let us know if we can help and we will be happy to do so.
I am in Australia and we have a few retailers here that sell the PL6 only trouble is that they are a bit greedy and still want to charge way over the top.
Everything that I have ever purchased from PRC has been spot on both with price and shipping and there service is top notch.
I would rather wait a little longer for my product and know that it is exactly what I ordered and the PL6 wil suit all my needs and it so simple to use and set up.
- Very easy to navigate site, ordering was easy, quality products, fast shipping, good follow up. Everything web-based shopping should be. A+
I bought this amazing charger almost a year ago now. I wanted to live with it a while before I crafted my review. The PowerLab 6 may very well be the best RC-related purchase I ever made. The optional USB interface makes setup a breeze and the Charge Control Software is very intuitive but still has thorough explanations of the more advanced functions and options readily available. I went 2+ months of charging large packs for land vehicles without ever touching a physical button! As for the PL6 charger itself, I've only managed to push the charge wattage to a half kilowatt, but that's okay. I enjoy the extreme quality of this unit and value the precision with which it does everything.
Last, I would be remiss if I failed to mention the superb service and support afforded me by ProgressiveRC. Superlatives fail to describe the treatment I received from David and Robin. They have a customer for life.
- I recently got back into the hobby and I wanted to start with a charger that would last a long time. One of the 2 PowerLabs seemed like the obvious choice and I am very happy I went with the PL6 in the end. It does everything I need it to do and much more. I use it at home with a 24V DC power supply to charge my Optima Deep Cycle, and then I use the Optima to power the PL6 for charging at the field. It's a great setup and I don't need to have tons of batteries for each plane as a result. So far I have used it to charge LiPo, NiMH and NiCD, all with excellent results. The computer interface to the charger is very nice and I'm still getting up to speed on everything this system can do. No regrets on this purchase.
- Bought the PL6 to update my charger as I have moved into 10S/12S setups...needed more power. Driving it with a dual (2x12V) HP Server PSU on 24V/32A...very happy! Progressive is a very good company and has always shipped fast and correct...simply super service! I will now celebrate with eating the "PRC" candy I received... :)
- I have only been in the hobby for about 3 months and decided to get myself a good charger before I get my 450 size heli. I am one that believes in buying right the first time around, not trying to go the cheap route. So I was tossing up between the ICharger 306B and PowerLab6. The added features of the PL6 made my decision for me, and boy am I happy...... actually..... I am in love with this charger!!! The PC software capabilities, programming of user presets, ease of use make this charger the best investment you could ever make in the hobby. I will never need another charger again!
- I was torn between the PL-6 & the 306b for a long time. The vast array of features and options on the pl-6 swayed me. I have used the 306b before and I love the pl6 so much more. This charger is so much more accurate and the programmable presets will spoil you. Keep up he great work Progressive!!! I will definitely buy here again and recommend you to all my friends.
- Having just come back to R/C, I was a little nervous about LiPo tech and wanted a very good charger to minimize the risk involved. The PL6 has gone a long way to alleviate my concerns, due to its comprehensive checks performed on a connected battery. This makes it hard to make a dumb move and set the wrong cell count etc. It's not a cheap charger but this is something you really don't want to skimp on.
- After allot of research and painful decision making, I chose the PL6 over the iCharger 306b. I'm very happy with my decision. The software interface is what ultimately sold me. I like being able to setup presets on my computer vs, a 4 button interface and 1 line LCD. Also, when in the field I like that its parallel aware and I can use quick presets with a few simple questions. My only negative issue is that Revolectrix allowed HobbyKing to resell a copy of the PL8. I know its not the same software but it puts a bad taste in my mouth.
Great product, terrible service Submitted by Stavros on 2/21/2013
Fantastic Charger and service Submitted by Jason on 2/21/2013
Excellent from start to finish Submitted by lloyd on 12/9/2012
FMA PL6 - Excellent! Submitted by Kevin on 12/7/2012
Excellent choice Submitted by Michael on 11/19/2012
Happy overseas customer! Submitted by Stefan on 11/18/2012
WOW..... Submitted by Dogga on 10/21/2012
Awesome charger & greater service! Submitted by Michael on 10/20/2012
Good Product, Good Service Submitted by Michael on 10/8/2012
Great Charger Submitted by Mark on 8/27/2012