- I just read about the Sugru product online and watched the video and thought that I had to try this stuff out! ProgressiveRC had a great price and were quick to ship. I phoned in an order and was pleasantly surprised with the friendly service. I have used the Sugru to make an iphone holder on the wall for charging time. I also fixed an electrical cord that was fraying. I have made a more functional grip on my camera. And a cord holder for my car speaker wires. Everything is holding up. I am pretty stoked! There is a recipe guide online used for mixing Sugru for more "mature" colors, look for it! Peace.
- love sugru- best pricing avaiIable, though it felt like forever getting here....
I used this around the tops of my EC3
connectors and its awesome ! I wont make another connector without it !
I'm not sure where I first read about Sugru, but it's gotten generally positive reviews everywhere I've looked. However, it tends to be a little expensive. ProgressiveRC had the best price I could find online.
I bought some to patch up the power cable for my laptop, which my roommate's dog had chewed up a bit when she was a puppy. One of the small packs was more than enough for this. I was able to patch up 6 or 7 spots on the cable (wrapping the Sugru all the way around the cable), and a similar spot on the power cord for my roommate's vacuum.
I will say, however, that the stuff is incredibly sticky. I practically had to scrape it out of it's little plastic/foil envelope and there was a very thin layer of it on my fingers, even after washing, which I had to rub off with a towel. The consistency falls somewhere between silly putty and play-doh.
It hardened well by the next day, and has a hard rubber feel (as opposed to a hard plastic feel) and seems to be staying put, instead of sliding down the length of the cable as I feared it might. Overall, it did what I needed it to do, and I'd use it again for similar purposes.
Notes: The "black" Sugru is more of a dark gray. I don't personally care, but some might. I haven't opened any of my "white" packets, so I can't speak to its true color.
The pack I received has an expiration date just 6 months from now. I figured this stuff would be shelf stable for a few years if left sealed in its packaging. I don't know that I'll use the whole thing before then. :-(
- I do not recall where I heard about Sugru, but it solves many problems that I did not know I had! :-)
- it's one of those things that u just can't do without once u've tried it, i had my doubts about using tiny pieces on sharp bolt edges, but was pleasantly surprised in the morning, great for Modellers, you just seem to find uses for it when building, very impressive all round :-))
- I learned about sugru from their website. I couldn't resist buying some and when I got it on here for sale at only XX.XX for a bag, there was no refusing..
New New Wonder Submitted by doc34 on 2/13/13
Good stuff- took 2 weeks to get here Submitted by Thomas on 9/27/12
Awesome ! Submitted by Mike C on 9/27/12
Cheapest Sugru retailer I could find Submitted by Jason on 5/29/12
Great solution Submitted by Mark on 5/18/12
Awesome play dough! Submitted by Sheraaz S, Cape Town SA on 5/17/12
¡OH!¡YA! Submitted by Kristoher on 5/16/12