This is a truly great power supply but it helps to understand a few simple limitations.
The power supply is capable of:
12 to 24 volts
Up to 1,200 watts
Volts x amps = watts. A little quick math and you'll notice 12 volts times 50 amps is 600 watts. That is this units max output at 12 volts.
I own several chargers that will only accept in input voltage of up to 18 volts. Above that, they shut down and display an error message. For these chargers this power supply has a max power output of 900 watts (18x50). Again, not the labeled 1,200.
As long as you understand these simple restrictions, you will be extremely pleased with this unit.
- Runs cool.
- Really nice LED readouts.
- Super easy to vary output voltage for different needs.
- Attractive unit. Nice looking.
- Has the feel of being well made.
- On/Off switch. You can shut not only the power supply with a simple switch, but all of the attached chargers too.
- Fans are louder than many other units and they DO cycle on. My fans cycled on the first time at 100F and the unit wasn't even putting out that much power. The heat of the LEDs seems to have been enough for the fans to cycle on for a moment.
- Voltage output is for all three pairs of banana plug output fittings. The only time this is a problem is if you are running multiple chargers with different input voltage requirements.
- Only 1,200 watts at 24 volts.
Thanks PRC for bringing us this really functional tool. I'm off to my shop to charge some batteries!
My only grip is in the instructions, some wording does not make much sense.
Other than that, I'm very impressed.
- Assembling seems very clean and solid. Very neat on/off switch, displays and connectors. Fans are not quietest, but the noise is not irritating at all. At low loads they don't turn on at all. Did not test it under full load, but 35A at 25V it took without breaking a sweat. It became barely warm and there was not any 'hot electronics' smell. Good value for the money.
- I got the Junsi S1200 with the iCharger 306B. What a great combo! I'm very happy with them both. I'm just getting started, but I can see these will handle all my needs into the future.
- Mine is part of a "hardline" case by PRC, and it charges six of my batteries at pretty much whatever rate I choose. Within reason of course, and I am flying three 450X's. I am very pleased with it
- Very happy with the power supply.Very nice features with multiple charger plugs and readouts.But the best is a on off switch.Powers my 2 306B's with ease. Great power supply .Just plug and play. Thankyou PRC
Great Service, quality is a little flimsy, when held at both ends the power supply can twist, although I like the digital read out for voltage output. It seems a bit pricy (almost double) compared to my Turnigy 1080W power supply which is very strong and sturdy.
PRC Comment: Thanks for your feedback. Active power factor correction, which adds around 50-60% to manufacturing cost, reduces peak power draw by 40% over Turnigy and similar power supplies. This in addition to the wider input and output voltage range set the S1200 apart and place it more in league with the Mean Well RSP-1000.
- Have not had a chance to really check out. Was just a tiny bit disappointed to see price had dropped $30.00 between time I placed order and time unit arrived.
Great Power Supply Submitted by Bill on 11/26/13
Very nice unit. Submitted by Mark Smith on 10/22/13
Very nice power supply Submitted by Vladimir on 6/18/13
Very nice Power Supply Submitted by Rex on 5/1/13
Junsi 1200 power supply Submitted by Rene on 4/22/13
Junsi S1200 power supply Submitted by Dennis on 7/25/12
Junsi S1200 Power Supply Submitted by Anthony on 6/24/12
Just My Luck Submitted by Larkin on 6/1/12