- great quality. thank you
- I am very surprised reading reviews that say these are easy to connect together and are cheap & flimsy. As far as connecting them together, I dont think it is easy at all. If you are paying attention to what you are doing, as you should be anyway, there is no concern whatsoever. I've NEVER plugged batteries together or been able to plug these in the wrong way. And I've NEVER had one crack or break - even if I am dismantling the plug to change it or something.
I've been using these PRC6 for awhile now. An experienced pilot turned me on to them. I think they are great and SO much better than EC style connectors.
They are very easy to use & solder, they are secure yet easy to plug & unplug, it is not easy to connect them backwards, and they have no trouble with high amps of 12s systems.
I also really like how the two plug housings are the same, there is no 'male/female' plug, so you can install several say on batts, and not end up with a bunch of leftover halves you dont need. And I like having different colored plugs for different helis or applications.
Thanks once again PRC!
The main problem with using PR^^ connectors is, when using 12S is often too easy to connect the lipos together leading o destruction of the connectors or ones lipos. I have done this many time loading up 12S rail setups them plugging them in by accident, this is not possible with EC5 or Deans. In addition the connectors plastics are made of cheap materials, the connectors some times snap in half making them shielded bullet connects, not good. I wish I had bought EC5's now I am in 30 PR6 connectors deep.
ProgressiveRC Comment: Sorry for the troubles Richard, it's the first we've heard of cracked PRC6 housings, although this problem is known to affect EC5s. We would be happy to replace any problematic housings, shoot us an email. To prevent inadvertently plugging packs together, we'd advise using different color connectors on your packs vs. the charge leads (i.e. use blue PRC6 on your packs and red on your charge leads or vise-versa).
- Very quick and very economical delivery cost. Connectors as described.
- I feel the product is very reliable and safe. When i had a question they were very helpful and kind. I will continue doing business with this company.
- These connectors are without a doubt the best connectors I have ever used. A perfect fit for the 10G wire needed for making 12S serial adaptors to join two 6S packs together. The pinout instruction provided on the product page for soldering up is a real help and a thoughtful addition. Progressive's service is excellent! Very rewarding dealing with these folks. One caveat: Get both the red and blue colors, this will aid in polarity identification and help prevent plugging in two batteries together. A good suggestion I read in prior reviews which I will heartily agree with as there are no physical preventions in place to keep this from happening as with the EC-3 or EC-5 which prevents those type connectors from plugging two sources together with a flattened side. The PRC-6s are both round. A suggestion would be to develop an EC-6 connector that would provide the current carrying capacity of the PRC-6 with the polarity identification of the EC-3/EC-5 type connectors.
Just started swithcing over to PRC 6's from EC5. I really like these better than EC5's. Better fit and go together easier. Nice and beefy and they can handle the amps for sure.
There has been concern that one could potentially connect two batteries together and cause a short. I don't see this an issue unless you are careless.
- Excellent service - great product, timely delivery
- Good quality and easy to soulder to wire. Easy to connect and will handle all the amps I need.
prc 6 connectors Submitted by kurtis on 3/22/2014
Seriously? Submitted by Ryan on 9/20/2013
Best There Is Submitted by Ryan on 9/20/2013
PRC6 Works but has big downfall, dont believe the hype! Submitted by Richard on 5/7/2013
Fast Delivery Submitted by Paul Dharmaratne on 3/28/2013
Great product Submitted by Greg Jackson on 1/7/2013
PRC-6 Connectors Submitted by Brian LaBree on 12/26/2012
Great Connector Submitted by Alan Butler on 11/17/2012
Service Submitted by Benjamin on 10/19/2012
PRC6 Connectors Submitted by Danny Auton on 9/2/2012
Items 1 to 10 of 17 total