The main problem with using PR^^ connectors is, when using 12S is often too easy to connect the lipos together leading o destruction of the connectors or ones lipos. I have done this many time loading up 12S rail setups them plugging them in by accident, this is not possible with EC5 or Deans. In addition the connectors plastics are made of cheap materials, the connectors some times snap in half making them shielded bullet connects, not good. I wish I had bought EC5's now I am in 30 PR6 connectors deep.
ProgressiveRC Comment: Sorry for the troubles Richard, it's the first we've heard of cracked PRC6 housings, although this problem is known to affect EC5s. We would be happy to replace any problematic housings, shoot us an email. To prevent inadvertently plugging packs together, we'd advise using different color connectors on your packs vs. the charge leads (i.e. use blue PRC6 on your packs and red on your charge leads or vise-versa).
- Very quick and very economical delivery cost. Connectors as described.
- I feel the product is very reliable and safe. When i had a question they were very helpful and kind. I will continue doing business with this company.
- These connectors are without a doubt the best connectors I have ever used. A perfect fit for the 10G wire needed for making 12S serial adaptors to join two 6S packs together. The pinout instruction provided on the product page for soldering up is a real help and a thoughtful addition. Progressive's service is excellent! Very rewarding dealing with these folks. One caveat: Get both the red and blue colors, this will aid in polarity identification and help prevent plugging in two batteries together. A good suggestion I read in prior reviews which I will heartily agree with as there are no physical preventions in place to keep this from happening as with the EC-3 or EC-5 which prevents those type connectors from plugging two sources together with a flattened side. The PRC-6s are both round. A suggestion would be to develop an EC-6 connector that would provide the current carrying capacity of the PRC-6 with the polarity identification of the EC-3/EC-5 type connectors.
Just started swithcing over to PRC 6's from EC5. I really like these better than EC5's. Better fit and go together easier. Nice and beefy and they can handle the amps for sure.
There has been concern that one could potentially connect two batteries together and cause a short. I don't see this an issue unless you are careless.
- Excellent service - great product, timely delivery
- Good quality and easy to soulder to wire. Easy to connect and will handle all the amps I need.
- These cables work well with the Mean Well power supply I have had for a while. Finally found a reason to use it.. the ESR meter. The connectors look like they should do the job, I've been looking for something that can take a bit more power than the Deans style and is a bit easier to use.
Perfect solution For the 12S version
of Align T-rex800e pro
PRC6 Works but has big downfall, dont believe the hype! Submitted by Richard on 5/8/13
Fast Delivery Submitted by Paul Dharmaratne on 3/28/13
Great product Submitted by Greg Jackson on 1/7/13
PRC-6 Connectors Submitted by Brian LaBree on 12/26/12
Great Connector Submitted by Alan Butler on 11/17/12
Service Submitted by Benjamin on 10/19/12
PRC6 Connectors Submitted by Danny Auton on 9/2/12
cables Submitted by Anton on 9/1/12
PRC6 Etc. Submitted by Koen on 7/25/12
PRC6 Submitted by Lawrence on 6/21/12
Items 1 to 10 of 14 total