- I recently purchased over $200 in cables & connectors. Why? Because these were the best quality I could find @ a competitive price.
10+ product and service!
- Hooked right up to PS and now i just connect the charger and im off.
- Nice fans. Low profile and built well. I should have bought the power cord made for the unit but I made my own cord from an old heavy duty power cord and put spades on the ends of the wires. Works great! The power supply to charger cable is also nice since there is some extra length to hook up to my Thunderpower 820cd charger.
I had a hard time deciding on buying this cable or the gold plated power supply adapters to connect my charger to my new PSU - so I bought both.
I tried the adapters first they seemed to fit and work just fine. I liked them because it looked like a very neat way of attaching my charger.
I then hooked up this cable with the spade connectors. It attached very snugly and securely, The #10 silicone wire with the female banana jacks was a very clean & neat solution, i decided I would use the cable instead of the adapter for the following reasons:
1. Nice clean install
2. Easy to attach the spade connectors, the adapters used the PSU screws and the banana plug is screwedinto the connector. I liked idea of one less connection on output.
3. The 12inch leads were nice especially if you have chargers with short input leads,
4. I felt there was less stress on the banana plug because 12inch leads provide lots of flex as opposed to a solid banana jack input of the adapters,
5. Last but not least I felt the 12inch extension was safer. When you hook up your charger you are 12inches farther away from the A/C line input. Less chance of touching AC line input (especially if you do not use the plastic cover or were to lose it). Note I am using a Mean Well 24volt PSU. Probably less of an issue on the IOTA units.
To be clear I think either the cables or adapter will work fine - I made my decsion based on my comments listed above (especially the last one concerning saftey)
Excellent Quality Submitted by JB on 1/26/13
Excellent Submitted by Douglas on 9/10/12
Does what its suppose to do Submitted by krauley on 7/31/12
Meanwell power supply Submitted by Scott on 1/27/12
Excellent Product Submitted by Mark on 5/3/11