I purchased this charger combo last November. Since then I have purchased other items, including the EC5 connectors and the Modular Charging and Balancing Boards. I could not be more pleased with the charger combo and case. I currently have 4 RC vehicles: 2 1/8 SuperMaxxes, a 1/10 Axial Wraith, and a 1/16 ERevo. They all have different battery requirements, and this charging combo works wonderfully for all of them.
I have been very please with the EC5 connectors, and use them with all my vehicles/batteries except the erevo, which still runs the Traxxas connectors.
Service, quality, and value are all 5-star in my opinion.
Board work well and as they are fused are a much safer option.
I use mine with a PL6 and PL8, remember to change the wiring option in the charger settings or you will think either the board is bad or the IR readings have gone bad.
- They are much smaller in profile and length than the batts I'm replacing. Pleased with tgat cuz of CG issues and weight. Lije the fact they come with E5Cs installed. Saves the additional purchase and soldering needed. These batts along with the charging station I bought late last year are great products. My power needs are Progressive RC from now on. My orders always arrive earlier than anticipated.
Haven't been able to contact Progressive on this item, but I see a problem. The ends of the female bullet connectors are not recessed into the plastic case, and have a potential for an accidental short between the pins on something metallic.
All other EC5 plugs I have or have looked at have the bullet connector recessed about 1/32-1/16 in inside the blue plastic housing.
Other than this issue, I like them, particularly the fit between the male/female bullet connectors. I've seen others that have been really hard to get apart, yet I don't feel that they are too loose so that they will become disconnected unintentionally.
ProgressiveRC Comment: We have contacted the customer to address this concern and provide replacement if necessary. All inventory has been inspected and found to have properly recessed bullets and none were found to have this issue.
- Super high quality job well done and extremely fast shipping thank you progressive rc.
- Having only ordered a couple of small items from Progressive I have to say that their service far exceeds most other companies i deal with.Keep up the good work.
- I like these better than my Deans connectors.Awesome service and quick shipping.
The service and value that Progressive RC provides are great, but I can not give the quality on this one a high ranking. I purchased 2 of the EC5 series connectors and on one of the units two of the 3 EC5 cases (blue plastic) were cracked to where I could see and probably short out the 44.4v system. I had to use spare covers to be confident with the unit.
ProgressiveRC Comment: Apologies for the mishap - we've never seen or had report of a cracked housing. We've taken the additional step to inspect our stock on hand and could not find any other affected units. It may possibly have been crushed in shipping; regardless, we'll send you out a replacement on the house. Happy flying!
- Good quality products.
- Clean and well put together,thanks for a great product.
The Hardline Home Solution Submitted by John on 5/25/2015
Safer Submitted by Andy Thompson on 8/2/2014
Spyder Battery Sticks Submitted by Richard on 3/29/2014
I see a problem Submitted by Ralph on 12/27/2013
Quality Submitted by Domingo on 11/12/2013
Series EC5 Submitted by Frank on 2/10/2013
EC5 Submitted by Frank on 12/24/2012
Nice product, but... Submitted by Chris on 12/21/2012
Good quality and fast service. Thank you. Submitted by keki on 9/14/2012
Series EC5 Submitted by Demetrius on 8/4/2012
Items 1 to 10 of 12 total