Power Supply to Banana Plug Cable
- Product Review (submitted on May 3, 2011):
I had a hard time deciding on buying this cable or the gold plated power supply adapters to connect my charger to my new PSU - so I bought both.
I tried the adapters first they seemed to fit and work just fine. I liked them because it looked like a very neat way of attaching my charger.
I then hooked up this cable with the spade connectors. It attached very snugly and securely, The #10 silicone wire with the female banana jacks was a very clean & neat solution, i decided I would use the cable instead of the adapter for the following reasons:
1. Nice clean install
2. Easy to attach the spade connectors, the adapters used the PSU screws and the banana plug is screwedinto the connector. I liked idea of one less connection on output.
3. The 12inch leads were nice especially if you have chargers with short input leads,
4. I felt there was less stress on the banana plug because 12inch leads provide lots of flex as opposed to a solid banana jack input of the adapters,
5. Last but not least I felt the 12inch extension was safer. When you hook up your charger you are 12inches farther away from the A/C line input. Less chance of touching AC line input (especially if you do not use the plastic cover or were to lose it). Note I am using a Mean Well 24volt PSU. Probably less of an issue on the IOTA units.
To be clear I think either the cables or adapter will work fine - I made my decsion based on my comments listed above (especially the last one concerning saftey)