The Radix 2 is the latest generation flight controller by BrainFPV. It is the successor of the legendary Radix flight controller and everything has been vastly improved. From a blazing fast H7 processor running at 480 MHz, an improved graphical OSD, a built-in voltage regulator that can handle up to 8S (35 V), to 8 motor outputs, driverless flashing, and more.
The Radix 2 is designed to be compatible with any 4-in-1 motor controller (ESC) on the market. For octocopters, you can use the included 5-pin cable to connect a second 4-in-1 ESC for motors 5 to 8. All outputs fully support bi-directional DSHOT that enables the motor controllers to send back real-time telemetry that is used by the flight controller to perform adaptive RPM based noise filtering.
RADIX 2 Flight Controller Features
- New Processor: STM32 H7 processor running at 480 MHz with 1 MB RAM
- New Gyro: New Bosch Sensortec BMI270 gyro / accelerometer delivering superior flight performance
- New Baro: Latest generation Bosch Sensortec BMP388 barometer accurate altitude readings
- Better OSD: Improved full graphical on-screen-display (OSD) with gray levels and transparency
- Dual camera input: Camera can be switched using a switch on the RC transmitter
- VTX pit switch: to turn on/off the video transmitter. Voltage for VTX can be 5 V or the battery voltage. Switch has an integrated high-speed resettable fuse to prevent damage due to accidental shorts
- 32 MByte built-in flash memory: 30 MByte available for logging and settings storage
- Driverless flashing with the BrainFPV USB mass storage bootloader. Simply copy the firmware file to the flight controller when connected to your computer. No more messing with DFU drivers
- RGB status LED with customizable color
- 8 motor outputs: all supporting bi-directional DSHOT for RPM filtering. All outputs are available on connectors for easy connection of one or two 4-in-1 motor controllers (ESC’s).
- 6 serial ports (UARTs): all with integrated inverters for S-BUS and other inverted protocols
- I2C port for external sensors
- RGB LED output
- Buzzer output
- Camera control output for configuring analog cameras
- Analog RSSI input
- 5 V regulator with 1.5 A output and up to 8S (35 V) input voltage
- USB Type-C connector
- Firmware support: Betaflight, iNav planned